Russia-Ukraine war: Moscow warns US over rocket shipments to Kyiv; Ukraine losing up to 100 soldiers a day – live
US president claims supply of rockets move will enable Ukraine ‘to more precisely strike key targets’; Ukraine’s president says 500 wounded each day
- ‘Steel is as key to Ukraine’s victory as soldiers’, says Azovstal boss
- US says Ukraine will not use US-supplied rocket systems to hit Russian territory
- 100 days of war in Ukraine: how the conflict has developed
- Luhansk governor says Russia controls 70% of Sievierodonetsk
- Himars: what are the advanced rockets US is sending Ukraine?
Away from the war in their homeland, Ukraine’s men’s football team are competing for a place in this year’s Fifa World Cup in Qatar. Nick Ames writes for us:
When Ukraine face Scotland at Hampden Park tonight it will be less a rebirth than a reminder that, much as Russia might wish to erase the country’s cultural identity, its football heritage remains truly alive. The act of playing for a World Cup place on Wednesday night, and over the next five days if all goes well, is both one of defiance and of expectation that, despite everything, good things can lie ahead.